Welcome to the GRBA/515 Hoops Basketbrawl Classic. 515 Hoops and Iowa Gym Rats have combined resources to bring a great event to the Des Moines Metro. This should be another fun event for everyone to improve while playing against teams of like competition.
Basketbrawl Classic 2021 – Boys and Girls
January 9-10, 2021
2nd-8th Grade Boys
3rd-8th Grade Girls
$175 per team (3 game guarantee)
-Schedule was POSTED @ 10:16pm on 1/4/2021
-Please DO NOT contact director for schedule changes. Changes will ONLY be made if there was a mistake
–Download the Tourney Machine App to stay up to date on results and updates.
Important Information for Teams, Coaches and Spectators:
-Spectators are welcome to attend. ONLY family allowed from the same household. PLEASE HELP US WITH THIS BY NOT BRINGING EXTRA FAMILY MEMBERS.
-We will be taking temperatures at the door of everyone that enters the facility.
-Anyone with a temperature over 100.4 degrees will NOT be allowed in the facility
-Spectators MUST wear a mask at all times while inside the facilities. You will NOT be allowed in without wearing a mask and may be asked to leave if you don’t wear inside the facility.
-Coaches MUST wear a mask at all times while inside the facilities UNLESS you are coaching. You will NOT be allowed in without wearing a mask and may be asked to leave if you don’t wear inside the facility while not coaching.
-Players are asked to wear a mask when they are not playing. There will be leniency with players. The are asked to wear one to enter the facility.
-Officials need to wear a mask when not officiating. You must wear one to enter the facility.
Please follow these guidelines as you come and go throughout the weekend:
– Show up for games no more than 20 minutes early.
– Teams can’t show up early and watch other games.
– After games are over all teams are to leave the facility as quickly as possible unless you have back to back games. If you have a team meeting, have it after game outside of the facility.
– There will not be handshake lines after games to speed the process.
Entering the facility:
– Entry lines may be longer than normal. Your Patience is appreciated.
– Please stay in family groupings.
– Coaches and players will go through the same process as spectators and then proceed to the coach check in table.
– There will be 2 coaches passes per team. There is NOT a scorekeeper pass as we will be providing the scorekeeper for each game.
Doors will open @ 7:30am each day. Games start at 8:00am on Saturday and Sunday.
PLEASE DO NOT SHOW UP EARLIER. PLEASE LET EVERYONE KNOW THIS.
Gym Locations and Admission:
Adults: Saturday – $10, Sunday – $10
K-12 Student: Saturday – $5, Sunday – $5
5 Years and Under – FREE
-The roster form must be filled out and turned into the front gate at your first game when the coach signs in.
-We strive to have divisions for Div. II and Div. III teams.
-2 certified officials.
-Games will go from 8am–10pm on Saturday and 8am–5pm on Sunday.
Registration and Deadline:
Deadline to register is January 1, 2021 or Until Full
Champions will receive and award
Iowa Gym Rats Basketball has a “Stay to Play” policy for all tournaments.
“Stay to Play” – This requires all out of town teams and participants in need of hotel accommodations must make their reservations through TBD Travel Services to ensure placement in the tournament.
* It is required that teams book all of their housing through this service to ensure placement in this tournament. By not using this service, your team may incur a penalty or disqualification. No refunds will be given.
* This is a complimentary service and makes securing your rooms quick and easy
with 24 hour online access to hotel availability.
* Hotel Availability for Team and Individual reservations can be found online or calling TBD Travel Service.
Tournament Accommodations – – Click Here (24 Hour Online Access)
TBD Travel Services
Phone : 515.207.4910
Toll Free – 855-TEAMTVL
Hours: Monday – Friday 8am to 4:30pm CDT
Todd Miller—email@example.com or (515) 451-5635
Zach Davenport – firstname.lastname@example.org or (515) 528-5037