We are excited about the Gym Rats Winter League and the 2023 season. We will again provide a great platform for teams of all ages and levels. We are also excited to again offer the League Championships and look forward to helping provide a safe environment for teams to grow and learn.
Gym Rats Winter League 2023
1st–8th Grade Boys (Based on 2023-2024 school year)
2nd-8th Grade Girls (Based on 2023–2024 school year)
Deadline to enter the League is 10/19/2023 or Until FULL
$825 per team (12 game guarantee, some teams may get 14+ games)
-Early Bird discount of $100 if signed up and paid by September 21st, 2023 (Discount Code is “EARLYBIRD”)
League Dates and Schedule Details:
- Week #1 – October 28-29, 2023 – Schedule will be posted Monday, October 23rd by 10:00 PM
- Week #2 – November 4-5 2023 – Schedule will be posted Monday, October 30th by 10:00 PM
- Week #3 – November 11-12, 2023 – Schedule will be posted Monday, November 6th by 10:00 PM
- WEEKEND OFF – November 18-19, 2023
- Week #4 – November 25-26, 2023 – Schedule will be posted Monday, November 20th by 10:00 PM
- Week #5 – December 2-3, 2023 – Schedule will be posted Monday, November 27th by 10:00 PM
- Week #6 – December 9-10, 2023 – Schedule will be posted Monday, November 4th by 10:00 PM
- Week #7 (League Championships) – December 16-17, 2023 – Schedule will be posted Monday, December 11th by 10:00 PM
- Games are played on Saturday’s and Sunday’s throughout the course of the league
- Teams will play 2 games each weekend on the same day and close in time.
- Schedules are released weekly. This helps eliminate changes throughout the league and allows the league to add teams that maybe weren’t ready at beginning of season due to conflicts.
515 FIELDHOUSE COURTS (COURTS 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6) – 1120 NE Station Crossing Dr. – Grimes, IA 50111
KINGDOM COURTS (COURTS 1, 2, 3, 4) – 6095 NE Industry Dr. – Ankeny, IA 50313
-Games WILL be played on Saturday AND Sunday. Teams will need to be prepared to play on either day.
-Games will go from 8am–9:00pm on Saturday and 8:00am–5pm Sunday
-Teams have the option of requesting one(1) weekend where their team will NOT play. These games will NOT be made up as the game guarantee for the league is 12 games.
-If a team chooses to have two(2) weekends off, these games will NOT be made up, however, the team and director can work on a pro-rated amount for the entry fee. This would need to be done prior to the start of the League on October 23rd, 2022.
-Teams DO NOT have to take a weekend off. This is encouraged as teams will be able to take advantage of more court time and get the option of playing 12 regular season and 1-3 games during league championships . Essentially, teams that DO NOT take a weekend off get more games than the guaranteed 12.
-Please contact director if you want to participate in league but have a team that may need special schedule. Certain situations may be accommodated but not guaranteed.
-12 game guarantee. Every team will play 2 games per weekend during “Regular Season”. There will be a single elimination bracket for the League Championship. Teams that don’t take off any weekends will play 13+ games.
-2 certified officials
-Team must provide own uniforms
-Younger teams usually play early in the day
-Daily Admission will be charged for spectators
- After three successful years of Winter League Championships we will host this years “Gym Rats League Championship” on December 17-18, 2022.
- The format goal for the “League Championship” would be that in MOST divisions we are able to break the division into two(2) separate brackets and have a single elimination tournament. The league director will have final say in seeding of the divisions. We will use overall record, winning percentage and overall knowledge of the team to place into divisions for the “League Championship”.
- In order to be considered for the “League Championships” teams will need to play in a Minimum of 8 games throughout the 2022 league. Teams that DO NOT meet this requirement will not be placed in the “League Championships” unless approved by the League Director.
Throughout the season you can find weather updates here…..
Todd Miller—firstname.lastname@example.org or (515) 451-5635
Josh Block—email@example.com or (515) 423-2356