We are excited about the Gym Rats Winter League and the 2020/2021 season. We will again provide a great platform for teams of all ages and levels. We are also excited to again offer the League Championships and look forward to helping provide a safe environment for teams to grow and learn. We are allowing a max of 92 teams this season due to COVID-19.
Gym Rats Winter League 2020-2021
1st–8th Grade Boys (Based on 2020–2021 school year)
3rd-8th Grade Girls (Based on 2020–2021 school year)
*Max of 92 teams allowed in league
$800 per team (12 game guarantee, some teams may get 14+ games)
-Early Bird discount of $50 if signed up and paid by October 1st, 2020 (Discount Code is “EARLYBIRD”)
Deadline to enter the League is 10/22/2020 or Until FULL (MAX OF 92 TEAMS ALLOWED)
League Dates and Schedule Details:
- Week #1 – October 31- November 1, 2020
- Week #2 – November 7-8, 2020
- Week #3 – November 14-15, 2020
- Week #4 – November 28-29, 2020
- Week #5 – December 5-6, 2020
- Week #6 – December 12-13, 2020
- Week #7 – December 19-20, 2020
- Week #8 – January 23-24, 2021 – Winter League Championships
- Games are played on Saturday’s and Sunday’s throughout the course of the league
- Schedules are released weekly. This helps eliminate a ton of changes throughout the league and allows the league to add teams that maybe weren’t ready at beginning of season due to conflicts.
- WEEK 1 SCHEDULE WILL BE POSTED ON 10/25/2020 BY 11:59PM
-Teams have the option of requesting one(1) weekend where their team will NOT play. These games will NOT be made up as the game guarantee for the league is 12 games.
-If a team chooses to have two(2) weekends off, these games will NOT be made up, however, a the team and director can work on a pro-rated amount for the entry fee. This would need to be done prior to the start of the League on October 24th, 2020.
-Teams DO NOT have to take a weekend off. This is encouraged as teams will be able to take advantage of more court time and get the option of playing 14 regular season games and games in the League Championship. Essentially, teams that DO NOT take a weekend off get more games.
-Please contact director if you want to participate in league but have a team that may need special schedule. Certain situations may be accommodated but not guaranteed.
-Games WILL be played on Saturday AND Sunday. Teams will need to be prepared to play on either day.
-Games will go from 8am–9:00pm on Saturday and 8:00am–5pm Sunday
-12 game guarantee. Every team will play 2 games per weekend during “Regular Season”. There will be a single elimination bracket for the League Championship. Teams that don’t take off any weekends will play 14+ games.
-2 certified officials
-Team must provide own uniforms
-Younger teams usually play early in the day
- After two successful years of Winter League Championships we will host this years “Gym Rats League Championship” on January 23-24, 2021.
- The format goal for the “League Championship” would be that in MOST divisions we are able to break the division into two(2) separate brackets and have a single elimination tournament. The league director will have final say in seeding of the divisions. We will use overall record, winning percentage and overall knowledge of the team to place into divisions for the “League Championship”.
- In order to be considered for the “League Championships” teams will need to play in a Minimum of 10 games throughout the 2020-2021 league. Teams that DO NOT meet this requirement will not be placed in the “League Championships” unless approved by the League Director.
Gym Locations and Admission:
Kingdom Courts (1, 2, 3, 4) – 6095 NE Industry Dr. – Des Moines, Iowa 50313
IEBT Sports (1, 2) – 2425 Hubbell Ave. – Des Moines, Iowa 50317
JC All Sports (1, 2, 3, 4) – 4137 12oth Ave. – Urbandale, Iowa 50323
-Facilities open HALF HOUR before first games of the day at each facility. Please DO NOT arrive before that time.
-Please use parking lots to the North and South of Kingdom Courts on the East side of the Street. Any Parking across the street is prohibited and you may be towed by other business owners at your expense.
-Please DO NOT park in the grass at Kingdom Courts as you will be towed
Daily Admission will be charged for spectators:
- Adults = $6
- K–12 students = $4
- 5 years old and under = Free
Throughout the season you can find weather updates here…..
Todd Miller—firstname.lastname@example.org or (515) 451-5635